Just got back in town from another great Google Analytics training day at SMX East (New York City). Thank you to all who attended, it was great meeting you all and I hope I lived up to your expectations.
As I typically do after a workshop, here are the answers, links, and additional references to questions raised that we didn’t have time to address in full details. Feel free to drop me an email if you have an account specific question.
- Weighted Sort in the Google Analytics reports. One of my new favorites features, I love it when Google Analytics does the heavy lifting for the analyst 🙂
- Multiple Custom Variables (MCV), they can be used in many different ways. Here are some ideas:
- Tools to test Google Analytics code on your site
- Payment Gateway & eCommerce Integration
- Search and Replace Filter:
- An example on how to clean up dynamic URLs and make your page names much more meaningful in the GA reports
- Google Website Optimizer (GWO)
- Internal Campaign Tracking
- Quality Assurance
- Many of you asked about validating their Google Analytics implementations. A Metric and Reporting planning process as well as a QA process should be in place. This will ensure your implementation will lead to the desired results. In addition, Audits and Validations by third party consultants can be very useful. Here is a link to what E-Nor offers for Google Analytics Audits and Validation (other Google Analytics Certified Partners offer similar services)
- Follow up Webinar: speak with you all on Friday at 10am Pacific
Again, thank you all for attending the workshop and I hope you start putting all the power of Google Analytics in use to help you improve the performance of your website and get better ROI on your marketing campaigns.
Some of you asked for more technical details on flash and video tracking, here are the links. Enjoy!
- Google Analytics Tracking for Adobe Flash & Gadgets
- Event Tracking in Google Analytics
- Video Tracking using Event Tracking in Google Analytics