If you have multiple profiles setup for your google analytics account, then you may have noticed that when you choose a new profile to view you are sent to the main dashboard for the selected profile. This can become really cumbersome as now you have to navigate all the way back down the report you want in the new profile.
Well now, with this simple Greasemonkey script, when you select a new profile to view you will see the same report you were just on, but it will be for the new profile which you selected. Also, if you wish to compare reports from two profiles, there is an option to view the new profile in a separate tab.
Before installing the Greasemonkey script:
After installing the Greasemonkey script:
Instructions on installing the script:
- Make sure you have Greasemonkey installed on Firefox.
- Click on this
install link for cleanerGAProfileSwitching v1.1.0.
- You’re all done, now log-in to your Google Analytics account and check it out.
- Bugs: If you notice a bug, or have an idea on how we can improve this, then please let us know in the comments section below.
- Userscripts: This is the Userscripts.org page.
- Version 1.0 – Click here to install v1.0
- Version 1.1.0 – Click here to install v1.1.0
- Back button fix (Thank André Scholten for the comment here).
- Easier profile switching is now available to you profile settings page (Thank Brian Katz here at VKI Studios).
- Settings Remembered (Thank you Jeremy Aube at ROI Revolution for this suggestion):
- Segment Key Selected
- Date Range Selected
- Number of Rows Viewed
- Graph By Mode
- Tab Selected
- View Selected