Monday again? Already? Yep, and another roundup. We also started work on our new office, and you can find pictures of the pre-work state of it on our Facebook page.
This week we have tips to build a community, some great png optimization techniques, great billboards, and more html5.
- Less educational, more cute. Grockdotcomdotcomdotcomdotcom has a bunch of great billboard ads. Worthy of note? Great use of copy, and examples of how you can use that same copy in your web marketing.
- Got this one from Twitter this week, a “top 7” list of community building ideas. The difference is that these are actually pretty good. 7 Sensible Strides Toward A Stronger Community
- Two from Smashingmagazine this week, just ‘cuz they were so cool. First: HTML5 and The Future of the Web
- Second, and this one is cool: Clever PNG Optimization Techniques
. They get some really great results from simple optimizations.
- Another Smashingmagazine post? Yes it is! A Guide to Google Analytics and Useful Tools. Unlike our Power User Guide, this is pretty much just a compilation of other peoples posts, but its still a great resource. Make sure to keep it bookmarked.
- Did you know that GA tracked bookmark visits? I didn’t. Epikone covers how Google tracks them.
- To return to social networking, SURL has a Usability Evaluation of Three Social Networking Sites.
- Graphs can be highly functional tools, which is one of the reasons that its so pathetic that theyre usually so bad. Seth Godin goes over a few ways to make graphs work.
- Maybe its a result of the “twitter generation”, or a means of playing with minimalism, but Single-Serving Websites [that] Make A Tweet Look Rich In Content are springing up all over the place…