Department: Analysis & Insights
Cardinal Path, a brand within the Dentsu Aegis Network is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing consultancy firm. We are focused on delivering insight, understanding, and outcomes that create a competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners. Our clients and affiliations include brands such as Google, Microsoft, Intel, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, and hundreds of others. At Cardinal Path, we strive for a culture that reflects the importance of our people’s’ expertise, wellness, and happiness in everything we do.
The Associate Director on the Analysis & Insights team is responsible for developing and managing the delivery team to ensure consistency and repeated best practices, innovation and data-informed decision-making. This role will be focused on leading a project team to ensure that analytics is delivering significant value to the client organization. In addition, the Associate Director will be responsible for mentoring and managing a team of consultants, ensuring they deliver top-quality work against established analytics best practices while at the same time, providing them an avenue of growth for their own skill expansion. The Associate Director will also be expected to provide feedback and new ideas for Cardinal Path’s owned processes, both internally and for continued expansion of our client-facing products and offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Educate client stakeholders on best practices and proper use of digital data and analytics to help them make informed decisions.
● Communicate complex digital data insights to the client to support decision making.
● Provide strategic perspectives and develop necessary frameworks for key areas (marketing effectiveness, attribution, governance, testing & optimization, personalization) for guidance and to promote organizational objectives.
● Direct the evaluation and selection of digital analytics technologies based on established criteria to satisfy client business needs.
● Direct the development of test methodologies based on analytics requirements.
● Proactively manage and foster client relationships by acting as a strategic advisor to the client; develop a keen understanding of the client’s business and marketing objectives to help promote and achieve their strategic data-focused objectives, not only for currently-existing projects.
● Conduct regular client communication, expectation-setting, and management, as well as providing strategic future-forward direction.
● Proactively identify potential issues and provide solutions to correct any scope/budget deviations.
● Mentor all levels of consultants in the Analysis & Insights team, by creating professional development plans to help them grow in their data strategy abilities and to better understand how our Analysis & Insights offerings fit into the big picture for our clients.
● Develop client-facing management skills for all levels of consultants in the Analysis & Insights team, to help them hone their client communication abilities – from through delivery of their work, up through discussions of scopes and expectation-management.
Process & Practice Development
● Work with the Analysis & Insights team to develop and apply data strategy thought leadership in ways that will deliver on our clients’ business goals in innovative ways.
● Develop ways to improve and streamline Cardinal Path’s processes to not only deliver superior service to our clients but also to improve our efficiency and profitability.
Business Development & Account Strategy
● Identify and cultivate new business opportunities across Cardinal Path’s various offerings (analysis & insights, digital marketing, data science) with existing and new clients, by promoting ideas that align with client’s business, consumer, and brand objectives.
● Conduct and actively use strategic client planning to identify growth opportunities.
● Participate in client pitches and provide scope, technical and subject matter expertise.
● Assist in developing and delivering proposals and statements of work, ensuring scope is clearly defined and costs match what is outlined in the project plan.
● 5+ years working in the field of digital analytics and digital marketing – working in a client results service organization (advertising agency or management consultancy) is preferred.
● 5+ years on-the-job experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics, and experience in advanced web analysis methodologies.
● 3+ years in an analytics management position preferably focused on analytics support for online businesses.
● Experience in creating a culture of data-informed decision-making throughout an organization.
● Proven collaboration ability; can effectively work across multiple stakeholder groups, cross-functional groups, departments and leadership teams both within the organization and outside of the organization.
● Strong knowledge of data collection processes from the technical side (i.e. tag management).
● Ability to translate requirements into analytics strategies, integrate various data sources, and apply database marketing techniques (including targeting, segmentation and modeling).
● Ability to stay aware and ahead of emerging technologies, industry, and regulatory changes – with a proven track record of prioritizing and implementing such changes within the organization.
● Experience in creating strategic measurement plans and technical documentation – full end-to-end support in the implementation of analytics tools.
● Experience in creating and presenting analysis with insights to stakeholders/clients, utilizing advanced storytelling skills.
● Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and data visualization with experience creating clear, concise and professional documents.
● Expert Excel skills (pivot tables, conditional formatting, advanced formulas).
● Digital analytics tool certifications (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, SAS, SPSS, R, Tableau, etc.) preferred.
● Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, awesome culture, and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line.Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.