Cardinal Path is a leading digital analytics and marketing firm focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners.
Winners of the Digital Analytics Association 2015 Vendor/Agency award and described as “analytics ninjas” by Forrester Research, we have experience up and down the Business Intelligence stack to include deploying and integrating leading analytics platforms, dashboards, tag management, and statistical analysis technologies. In addition to our digital intelligence services, we offer digital marketing and training services that empower confident investment in the digital space through data-driven decision-making. Our clients include brands such as Mercedes-Benz USA, Merck, Papa Johns, US Cellular, NPR, MSNBC, DeVry and hundreds of others.
Cardinal Path is looking for a Project Accountant with outstanding communication skills and exceptional analytical ability. This role is based in the Vancouver office and will report directly to the Finance Manager. The work is varied and challenging and you must enjoy and thrive in a busy, deadline driven environment.
The successful individual will be responsible for revenue recognition, prepare revenue forecast and project profitability report, and prepare month end working papers. You will also provide support and communicate with various departments and personnel to ensure the timely collection and production of financial information.
- Review and approve sales orders, generate billing schedule and prepare weekly invoices.
- Prepare revenue recognition schedule, maintain accurate deferred revenue account. Prepare working papers for unpaid unearned, accrued revenue and pass-thru revenue accounts.
- Prepare month-end working papers to support the financial statement balances: deferred revenue and accrued revenue.
- Assist in reporting Key Performance Indicators (Financial and Operational)
- Updates monthly rolling revenue forecast and revenue dashboard report.
- Prepare monthly project profitability and client gross margin report.
- Ad hoc projects/reporting as required.
- Working towards or has completed CPA designation.
- 3+ years of accounting experience and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial theories, revenue recognition, and internal control.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software and computer skills (MS Excel and word). Experience with Netsuite is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work experience in a multi-entity and multi-currency environment is considered an asset.
- Experience with advertising, technology or consulting organizations or working in a public company is considered an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to meet multiple strict deadlines.
- A team player with a strong work ethic and able to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line.