Department: Data Science
Cardinal Path, a brand within the Dentsu Aegis Network is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing consultancy firm. We are focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create a competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners. Our clients and affiliations include brands such as Google, Microsoft, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Asics and hundreds of others. At Cardinal Path, we strive for a culture that reflects the importance of our people’s’ expertise, wellness, and happiness in everything we do.
The Data Science Consultant will be responsible for working directly with various internal stakeholders to develop analytics strategies for our clients working in a wide variety of domains. This work will include ad-hoc analysis of raw data, statistical model development, research into emerging analytics trends, presentation development, as well as technology research. The position will be delivering advanced analytics and help to improve our clients’ web analytics and digital marketing programs. Opportunities will include the application of analytics skills within a robust cloud environment, as well as supporting modelling work relating to the analysis. This work is key to support the team, as we are continuously evolving our data strategies in order to create solutions for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the realm of data science, which includes statistical programming skills, machine learning, and data visualization. One of Cardinal Path’s focus areas is web analytics, experience with the web data is beneficial and an intermediate knowledge of Web Analytic tools (Google Analytics or Adobe Marketing Cloud) is highly desired. In addition, media analytics experience would be very beneficial. For this job level, previous experience delivering data solutions for analytics is required. The ability to communicate analysis work out and report will be important. The analyst will have the ability to use tools such as R, Python, Big Query, while honing their ability to use visualization tools like Tableau.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Synthesize business needs and create business/functional design documents which can be used to build analysis and data models
- Client-facing skills which will include providing quantitative analyses, recommendations and presentations to clients.
- Assess data for validity and work on required data preparation with attention to detail and alignment to business requirements.
- Translate data into analytical outputs that enables our clients to answer fundamental questions that are central to their business success.
- Develops, implements, and supports methodologies, standards, and tools for analysis and data science work.
- Partners with insights and analysis leads from the Digital Intelligence team as well as Digital Marketing team within Cardinal Path to help deliver quality insights as required.
- Build cooperative, productive relationships with clients and vendors by utilizing excellent communication skills, while also interacting effectively internally and externally.
- Participation and development of data science and analytic products while identifying key areas for improvement of products and services.
- Be curious and structured thinking to break down ambiguous problems to build relevant solutions and push the limits of current analysis output.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study (Applied Statistics, Business Analytics, Operations Research, or relevant quantitative field) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Data Scientist or a Master’s degree with 2-5 years’ experience as an Data Scientist. Advanced degree in quantitative field preferred.
- Proficiency with classical statistical modelling methods and machine learning techniques to solve complex business problems.
- Strong Python and/or R skills for model design and development.
- Proficiency with SQL and an experience working with Google cloud environment.
- Experience connecting Tableau or other visualization systems and using for dashboarding or analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working with remote teams.
What will make you stand out
- Understanding of performance marketing metrics and channels.
- Previous experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, etc.
- Previous experience with marketing and media analytics including database marketing techniques, digital attribution and media mix modelling.
- Familiarity with analyzing data for digital marketing and e-commerce, as well as all other non-digital aspects of a business.
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line.