Safe Kids Worldwide initially started using Google AdWords and the Ad Grants program to help raise awareness, but internal marketing limitations and Google restrictions made it difficult for the organization to spend its initial $10,000 grant. Now, just 14 months after partnering with Cardinal Path, Safe Kids has drastically increased its Ad Grants budget and is effectively using the AdWords network to reach parents in more than 27 countries.
With pages dynamically generated based on search requirements, user submitted ads and more, Trader Corp was torn between purchasing, installing, and maintaining an expensive solution or missing out on large chunks of data. Our Google Analytics audit revealed a solution: a custom tag-management system that enabled new ways to analyze their data while incorporating a familiar interface.
An early adopter of social media as a way to drive event attendance, Lollapalooza organizer C3 Presents needed to know the impact of its social media efforts. They came to Cardinal Path for a social media measurement strategy and ended up with some startling insights.
When the Lollapalooza music festival decided to incorporate social media into their online marketing strategy, they did it with a bang. Using Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and more, the Lollapalooza website was a first mover in allowing its users to engage and share through social channels that were integrated into the site itself.
After investing the time and resources in building out these integrations and their functionality, C3 wanted to know one simple thing: “Did it work?”
To answer this, C3 Presents needed a measurement strategy that would provide a wealth of information about their social media implementation, such as:
- Which fans are using social media and sharing content?
- What social media is being used the most, and how?
- Are visitors that interact with social media more likely to buy a ticket?
- Is social media driving more traffic to the site? Is that traffic buying tickets?
Cardinal Path was asked to architect and implement a solution based on an existing Google Analytics implementation that would to answer these questions.
A combination of customized event tracking, campaign tagging, custom variables and a complex implementation and configuration was deployed to include the tracking of each social media outlet on the site.
As a result of this measurement solution, it was easy to surface some impressive insights that helped C3 quantify the return on their social media investment:
- Users of the social media applications on Lollapalooza.com spent twice as much as non-users.
- Over 66% of the traffic referred from Facebook, MySpace and Twitter was a result of sharing applications and Lollapalooza’s messaging to its fans on those platforms.
- Fan engagement metrics such as time on site, bounce rate, page views per visit, and interaction goals improved significantly across the board as a result of social media applications.