Lots of news on the gaming front with E3 on right now, but surprisingly little elsewhere. Hopefully that will change with SMX is coming up.
This week we have Google Wave, Microsoft Bing, Apple vs. Microsoft on usability, how to make a great website, and statistics telling that the kids these days, they just don’t use the twitter.
And while I have your attention here is a totally random plug for our facebook page. Sign up, follow us, have fun.
Oh, and as always, you can send more stories to my twitter account by tweeting @OrdinaryChap.
- We start the week with HuoMah and PageRank Sculpting. It’s all old school baby!
- Marketing pilgrim pointed out that 99% of 18-24 Year Olds On Social Media, But Only 22% Use Twitter..
- Another week, another Avinash Kaushik post. This time, how to Slay The Analytics Data Quality Dragon & Win Your HiPPO’s Love!
- And Google decides to fight back, debunking the Top Ten Myths About Google Analytics. Funny, the one I get is “GA makes your pages load slower”. Actually most of these seem like pretty stupid questions (“GA doesnt have segmentation!” What?), and it surprises me that people ask them.
- Linda Bustos over at getelastic has the next part of her mobile site series, this time on Mobile Commerce Usability: Forms and Checkout. Despite my disagreement with her on the role of mobile only sites, her usability tips are spot on, and make a good read for anyone with a lot of mobile clients.
- Webdesignerdepot has a usability comparison of Apple vs. Microsoft. Again, great lessons to be learned on this one.
- For the month of June, Microsoft has released Bing! And it does… well, it does what Google does. In fact, I can’t really see a reason to switch other than the more colorful interface (and the preview panes).
- And just to steal some of MS’s thunder: Google announces Wave. Not sure what’s so exciting about this either, since