This event is now accepting registrants for our Spring/Summer 2011 course.
Google Analytics 101 is the first part of a two-day workshop.
To register, contact Tyler Gibbs at email@example.com, or call 613 232 8500 x102.
- Do you manage your organization’s online marketing?
- Do you use Google Analytics and need to learn how to become a better analyst?
- Are you a communicator or marketer who wants to understand impact from your online campaigns?
- Or are you a budding analyst looking to understand the core principles of web analytics?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above then you should attend PublicInsite’s Google Analytics training.
In Google Analytics 101 you will learn:
Getting familiar with Google Analytics
- Why you must measure: improving effectiveness & creating value with web analytics
- How Google Analytics works: learn the strengths, be aware of the limitations
- Key definitions and terms: what they mean, when to use them & when not to use them
Working with the Data
- Setting up, configuring and managing your Google Analytics account & profiles
- Understanding site performance: tracking Key Performance Indicators
- Measuring conversions, building funnels and tracking goals
- Expanding your visibility – tracking documents and external links
- Evaluate the performance of keywords and referrers
- Connecting Google Analytics to Adwords and tracking campaigns
Presenting and Reporting Insight
- Your vital data all in one spot – custom dashboards
- Sharing and scheduling reports
- Google Analytics to Excel – making data exports rock
- Sharing insight, not numbers: secrets from the pros
Agenda – Google Analytics 101
- Introduction and Fundamentals of web analytics
- Google Analytics page tags and cookies
- Account setup, configuration and best practices
- The Google Analytics interface
- Metrics and key performance indicators
- Traffic sources, referrers and keyword analysis
- Goals and funnels in support of conversions and e-commerce
- Document tracking
- Dashboard reports and customization
- Scheduling email reports
- Google Analytics and AdWords
Click for details on our Google Analytics 201 workshop, which is the second part of the PublicInsite Google Analytics workshop.
Who should attend: marketers, communications professionals, analysts, and those responsible for online performance measurement.
“The instructor was great! Thank you for all your help.”
About the instructor
Scott Shannon, PublicInsite’s Manager of Google Analytics Services and resident Google guru, is an experienced and sought after trainer. He has led Google Analytics seminars and consulting engagements for the Public Health Agency of Canada, Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health, the Smithsonian Museum, the United Way, and the Natural Step. Scott has over 10 years experience in multiple industry sectors including technology, management consulting (ITIL), tourism, and government.
If you have questions or require further assistance with registration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 613 232 8500 x102.