Statistical Analyst, Advanced Analytics – Contractor
Department: Digital Intelligence
Cardinal path is searching for qualified quantitative professionals to develop advanced analytics with our existing Digital Intelligence team. We are developing advanced analytic products to deliver new digital, customer, and business insights with our data intensive clients. The opportunity to evolve traditional web analytics practices is growing rapidly due to the access of multiple datasets that cover the hundreds of customer touchpoints in today’s omnichannel world. The Statistical Consultant would be responsible for both partnering with client teams, Cardinal Path Web Analytics Consultants, and Data Analysts to develop modeling projects that uncover insights through data mining and predictive modeling.
Cardinal Path is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to deliver cutting-edge advanced analytics due to our industry leading data and technology management practice. We work with clients to collect and manage data to optimize their digital business which creates the foundation for analytics and insights. The Statistical Consultant would be involved in developing customer segmentation, custom attribution models, lifetime value analysis, ARIMA forecasting, and a variety of scoring models that would enable marketing and business optimization. A number of these projects would include digital, back office/offline, CRM, and 3rd party datasets. The scope of this work would either cover client project delivery or product development.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree in a quantitative field, 3-5 years of agency experience in developing and delivering marketing effectiveness analytics, expert in SAS & R, and has strong communication skills. Experience in delivering insights presentations is a plus.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Lead resource when dealing with advanced analytic projects at Cardinal Path
- Help support the development of the client’s analytic strategy by identifying opportunities to apply statistical models
- Work with project teams to deliver timely and objective based analytics
- R&D development of new analytic and business concepts Cardinal Path is researching
- Design modeling projects and manage each step of the data, model build and delivery cycle
- Ensure that modeling designs and assumptions are aligned with data discrepancies
- Work directly with Cardinal Path’s technical team to design database strategies but also own the analytic dataset creation for individual projects
- Utilize a panel of Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Klipfolio, etc), web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Suite, Webtrends, etc) and statistical modeling software (SAS, SPSS, R, etc) to deliver modeling and analysis projects
- Present insights and findings to clients and provides recommendations and decision support based on data
- Assist in web analytic reporting designs, analytic methodologies, data investigations, and outcome reporting with the Web Analytic Consultants on various client projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Math, Economics, Operations Research, etc) and 3-5 years of experience OR a masters degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Math, Operations Research, etc) and 2 years of experience
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, including an understanding of cause and effect and statistical methods available to enhance findings.
- Must be able to understand and analyze data, synthesizing large volumes of data and complex questions into clear analyses and actionable findings.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and present analysis findings to stakeholders at all levels.
- Leverage mathematical and statistical principles to inform and validate analyses.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in statistical modeling software such as (SAS base, SAS ETS, R)
- Functional knowledge in SQL
- Basic knowledge of Big Data capabilities (BigQuery & Hadoop)
Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- PhD (not required)
- 5 years of analytic experience in multichannel marketing effectiveness working with marketing stakeholders
- 3 years experience working in an agency environment