Senior Web Analyst – Analysis & Insights Location:
Department: Analysis & Insights
Overview of Opportunity
Cardinal Path, part of Dentsu Aegis Network, is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing firm focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners. Our clients include brands such as Bridgestone, Intel, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer and Asics and hundreds of others. Cardinal Path’s mission is: To know. To Share. To be our Partners’ competitive advantage. And our company culture reflects the importance of our people’s’ expertise, wellness and happiness in everything we do.
With significant growth behind us and plans to continue with dramatic growth, we are looking for a Senior Web Analyst to report to our Director, Analysis & Insights within Cardinal Paths’ Digital Intelligence team.
Location: Chicago (will consider candidates who are willing to relocate)
At the highest level this position is responsible for supporting and championing the analytic needs of our clients by providing high quality web analytics analysis using clickstream tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
You will work with our Account Executives and client stakeholders to understand clients objectives, determine how those are measured, and develop weekly and monthly reports with deep analysis and insights to help our clients understand customer behavior. This position requires strong business analytical skills, an understanding of web measurement and analysis best practices, and the ability to obtain quality insights and communicate what those mean to stakeholders.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Consulting directly with clients and/or their agencies on projects requiring web analytics platform selection, implementation, platform remediation, dashboard development and analysis and insights generation
- Business requirements synthesized from multiple sources including product managers, development teams, and functional group members.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports using tools such as excel, BI tools, Tableau, clickstream analytics
- Website behavior and customer experience analysis.
- Data consolidation and validation.
- Coordinating tags, tracking parameter implementations with our Analytics Technical Leads
- Work with our user experience team on the creation and completion of Multivariate and A/B testing documents (from hypothesis creation to influencing creatives to identifying success metrics) and post test analysis
- Documentation relating to existing processes and suggestions / presentations for improving those processes
- Effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders
- Proactively manage and foster client relationships by acting as a strategic advisor to the client using a keen understanding of the client’s business and marketing objectives, not only the current project
Team / Leadership Skills:
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Contribute to improvements in processes (technical or business) used by analysts
- Ability to identify key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps
- Resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively, knows when to involve others
- Learn from mistakes, takes action to apply the learnings and provides peer and team wide feedback for those in immediate area of focus
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Understand relevant applications of marketing technology (Analytics tools, DMPs, etc.)
- Use strong analytical skills to provide insights as well as recommendations for changes and convince key company decision makers of business benefits of the proposed solutions
- Identify and drive requirements trade-offs by proposing solutions to business unit/functional unit leadership
- Handle multiple tasks, switch priorities and focuses as needed
- Exhibit a high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influence changes to marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- 3-4+ years working in the field of digital analytics and digital marketing
- 3-4+ years working in a client results service organization (in an advertising agency or management consultancy)
- At least 3-4+ years of working with standard clickstream analysis tools: Google Analytics and at least one enterprise-level platform such as Adobe Analytics would be an asset.
- Experience with 360 data collection and reporting – campaigns that are both digital and ‘off-line’
- Minimum of 3-4+ years’ experience in advanced web analysis methodologies such as
- Deep clickstream analysis
- Experimentation and testing
- Competitive analysis
- Social analytics
- Other digital measurement technologies
- Experience in creating strategic measurement plans, technical documentation and supporting full implementation of analytics tools
- Experience creating dashboards and reporting with a variety of enterprise tools (Tableau, Klipfolio)
- Experience using debuggers, completing related QA processes, and issue resolution
- Expert Excel skills
- Familiarity with enterprise analytics data management and data science tools (ex.R, SPSS, BigQuery, Oracle, Tableau)
- Social data collection and best practices for metrics collection is an asset
- Media tools experience an asset; must understand ad trafficking and how to use data from search and banner-trafficking platforms
- Curiosity, creativity, initiative, insight, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in creating and presenting analysis with insights to stakeholders/clients, utilizing advanced story-telling skills
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques is a plus.
- Passion for digital marketing with a solid understanding of interactive marketing channels (search, online media, website development, etc.) and brand marketing principles
- Excellent verbal, written and data visualization communication skills with experience creating clear, concise and professional documents.
- Ability to quickly master new disciplines, concepts, and technologies, with the continual desire to learn.
- There is an expectation that travel will be a requirement of this position. We do not expect travel to make up more than 30% of the time commitment.
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line. Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.