Senior Web Analyst/Consultant – Analysis & Insights Location:
NYC or Philadelphia or Saint John
Department: Analysis & Insights
Cardinal Path is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing firm focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners.
Described as “analytics ninjas” by Forrester Research, we have experience up and down the Business Intelligence stack to include deploying and integrating leading analytics platforms, dashboards, tag management, and statistical analysis technologies. In addition to our digital intelligence services, we offer digital marketing and training services that empower confident investment in the digital space through data-driven decision-making. Our clients include brands such as Bridgestone, B&Y Mellon, Mercedes-Benz USA, Merck, Papa Johns, US Cellular, NPR, MSNBC, DeVry and hundreds of others.
We believe that process sets strategy free. That’s why we pioneered the development of the Online Analytics Maturity Model (OAMM), the first methodology designed to identify the barriers to analytics success, as well as the specific steps required to create a sustainable, world-class analytics function. The OAMM has been awarded by the industry and now includes a normative data-base of over 700 companies to ensure both comparable and specific next steps. It evaluates and benchmarks companies across six areas: governance, scope, objectives, talent, process, and technology.
With significant growth behind us and plans to continue with dramatic growth, we are looking for a Senior Web Analyst to report to our Group Director, Digital Intelligence.
This role is based in either NYC or Philadelphia due to the location of clients, however we will also accept applications from candidates willing to relocate to these locations.
The Senior Web Analyst will be a senior contact for key clients and will be measured via client satisfaction survey and new business developed with the client.
- Ensure the establishment of a valuable business narrative that deploys data towards actionable insights, going well beyond data reporting and instead, fully embracing data ‘storytelling’ and synthesis.
- Proactively manage and foster client relationships by acting as a strategic advisor to the client using a keen understanding of the client’s business and marketing objectives, not only the current project.
- Conduct regular client communication, expectation setting and management, as well as providing strategic direction.
- Proactively identify potential issues and provide solutions to correct any scope/budget deviations.
- Act on the client satisfaction survey results for the portfolio, ensuring quality improvement plans are developed and executed
Thought Leadership & Knowledge Sharing
- Blog posts (external)
- Hosting webinars (external)
- Hosting Lunch and Learns (internal)
- Speaking at conferences (external)
- Contributing to white papers and case studies (external)
- Training (both internal and external)
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years working in the field of digital analytics and digital marketing at the senior-analyst or manager-level.
- 3-4+ years working in a client results service organization (in an advertising agency or management consultancy)
- At least 3-4+ years of working with standard clickstream analysis tools: Google Analytics and at least one enterprise-level platform such as Adobe Analytics
- Experience with 360 data collection and reporting – campaigns that are both digital and ‘off-line’
- Minimum of 3-4+ years’ experience in advanced web analysis methodologies such as
- Deep clickstream analysis
- Experimentation and testing
- Competitive analysis
- Social analytics
- Other digital measurement technologies
- Experience in creating strategic measurement plans, technical documentation and supporting full implementation of analytics tools
- Experience creating dashboards and reporting with a variety of enterprise tools (Tableau, Klipfolio)
- Experience using debuggers, completing related QA processes, and issue resolution
- Expert Excel skills
- Familiarity with enterprise analytics data management and data science tools (ex. R, SPSS, BigQuery, Oracle, Tableau)
- Experience responding to formal RFIs & RFPs for large brand businesses
- Social data collection and best practices for metrics collection is an asset
- Media tools experience an asset; must understand ad trafficking and how to use data from search and banner-trafficking platforms
- Curiosity, creativity, initiative, insight, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in creating and presenting analysis with insights to stakeholders/clients, utilizing advanced story-telling skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques is a plus.
- Passion for digital marketing with a solid understanding of interactive marketing channels (search, online media, website development, etc.) and brand marketing principles
- Excellent verbal, written and data visualization communication skills with experience creating clear, concise and professional documents.
- Ability to quickly master new disciplines, concepts, and technologies, with the continual desire to learn.
- There is an expectation that travel will be a requirement of this position. We do not expect travel to make up more than 30% of the time commitment.
- Available to go onsite in NJ and NYC as needed
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line. Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.