Senior Consultant – Web Analytics
Department: Digital Intelligence
Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
At the highest level this position is responsible for supporting and championing the analytic needs of our clients by providing high quality web analytics analysis using clickstream tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture and Yahoo! Web Analytics. In certain cases the use of standard BI tools to produce reports relating to outcomes may be required.
You will work with our Account Executives and client stakeholders to understand clients objectives, determine how those are measured (or can be measured), and develop weekly and monthly reports with deep analysis and insights to help our clients understand customer behavior. This position requires strong business analytical skills, an understanding of web measurement and analysis best practices, and the ability to obtain quality insights and communicate what those mean to stakeholders.
While supporting our clients needs, the candidate will be responsible for creating holistic dashboards by pulling data from different data sources and websites for presentation to our client’s senior management team. At times the candidate will need to collaborate with external partners, such as Agencies, to assist with data collection and reporting. One of the primary outcomes is to be able to drive learnings and core insights from the data to suggest, create, and execute multivariate or a/b/n tests that drive fundamental improvements to the site experience. We expect the candidate to exhibit a high level of expertise in driving/championing the data strategy across multiple “listening posts” (websites, surveys, testing, CRM systems, market research, VOC, etc). The candidate is also expected to work with Cardinal Path other departments (internet marketing and user experience) to help identify other areas where we can help our clients improve (cross sell opportunities).
The candidate will often need to work closely with our client’s technology team to identify gaps in the data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements. The candidate will also be expected to partner with multiple business units within the client’s organization as well as outside the company to ensure that best practices in metrics and decision making are being exposed to the client management and core website decision makers.
Some of the other responsibilities would include web analytics championing efforts to aid in Cardinal Path brand building and business development. These activities would likely include but not be limited to GA/SiteCatalyst training seminars, GA/SiteCatalyst user conferences, GA/SiteCatalyst advanced training, speaking at industry conferences, etc.
The candidate will become an integral part of our analytics department, and Cardinal Path as a whole. We are looking for a candidate who can not only learn from our experiences, but also offer a significant contribution to our corporate knowledge base.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
- At least 3+ years of working with standard clickstream analysis tools: Google Analytics and at least one enterprise-level platform such as Omniture, WebTrends or CoreMetrics.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research.
- 3 to 5 years of business analysis experience in large size companies or agencies with multiple functions / business units preferred.
- Experience in presenting analysis and insights to stakeholders/clients
- Mid-level expertise in the SEM (Search Engine Marketing) / PPC (Pay Per Click) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies and a minimum 1+ year experience measuring success of SEM/PPC and SEO campaigns / efforts.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and data visualization communication skills with experience creating clear, concise and professional documents.
- Business requirements synthesized from multiple sources including product managers, development teams, and functional group members.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly reports (excel, BI tools, clickstream analytics).
- Lead development of senior management dashboards.
- Website behavior and customer experience analysis.
- Data consolidation and validation.
- Coordinating tags, tracking parameter implementations with our Analytics Technical Leads
- Work with our user experience team on the creation and completion of Multivariate and A/B testing documents (from hypothesis creation to influencing creatives to identifying success metrics) and post test analysis.
- Documentation relating to existing processes and suggestions / presentations for improving those processes.
- Effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders.
Team / Leadership Skills:
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Use sound judgment to identify issues and escalate them when appropriate.
- Contribute to improvements in processes (technical or business) used by analysts.
- Drive focused decisions within specific areas and be a key contributor to decisions beyond specific scope of role.
- Ability to identify key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps.
- Resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively, knows when to involve others.
- Learn from mistakes, takes action to apply the learnings and provides peer and team wide feedback for those in immediate area of focus.
- Identify and communicate specific personal growth goals for self.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Understand relevant technology applications in your area.
- Use strong analytical skills to provide insights as well as recommendations for changes and convince key company decision makers of business benefits of the proposed solutions.
- Identify and drive requirements trade-offs by proposing solutions to business unit/functional unit leadership.
- Handle multiple tasks, switch priorities and focuses as needed.
- Exhibit a high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influence changes on the website.
- Understands the complex web ecosystems and best practices and applies this knowledge to their work.
- Collaborates on creation of project plan and tasks for the team.
Preference will be given to candidates in Ottawa, Phoenix, or Vancouver, but working remotely will be considered. Relocation will not be provided. Salary and benefits offered will be commensurate with experience. We offer a collaborative work environment where you have the opportunity to not only drive change within our clients organization but within Cardinal Path as well.
If this sounds like it could be a match, send us your resume, work samples (measurement reports, analysis and recommendations documents, sample dashboards that you have developed), and a quick note about yourself. Please state the job title in the subject line, and send an email to: Careers[at]CardinalPath.com