Senior Digital Strategy & Insights Consultant
Department: Digital Intelligence
At the highest level the Sr. Digital Strategy & Insights Consultant is responsible for supporting and championing the analytic needs of our clients by providing strategic guidance, plan development & delivery of digital analytic solutions and business processes.
You will work with our company directors, account executives and client stakeholders to understand clients objectives, develop customized analytic strategies determine how those are measured, assist in communicating plans to the client and develop weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports with deep analysis and insights to help our clients understand customer behavior. This position requires strong business analytical skills, an understanding of web measurement and analysis best practices, and the ability to obtain quality insights and communicate what those mean to stakeholders. This consultant will work closely with Web Analytics & Technical Consultants to deliver on project objectives.
Additional responsibilities will include implementing the strategic and tactical elements of Cardinal Path’s Online Analytics Maturity Model & Governance principles directly with our clients. This work will include a deep understanding of the organizations key business objectives, development of a customized analytic roadmap, and facilitating the key elements of the OAMM with our clients. This work goes beyond data, tools and analysis and is additionally focused on developing business processes and organizational alignment so that the clients can be successful in leveraging their analytic environment.
Some of the other responsibilities would include contributing analytic capability development and web analytics, championing efforts to aid in Cardinal Path brand building and business development. These efforts will range from identifying new directions in analytic strategy, contributing to business development efforts, presenting at conferences and also conducting internal informational meetings on new concepts. The candidate will become an integral part of our analytics department, and Cardinal Path as a whole.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven ability to identify the macro-view of the strategic approach and break it down into tangible project components
- Passion for digital marketing with a solid understanding of interactive marketing channels (search, online media, website development, etc.) and brand marketing principles
- Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree preferred
- At least 5+ years of working with standard clickstream analysis tools: Google Analytics and at least one enterprise-level platform such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, WebTrends or IBM Digital Analytics (Coremetrics/Unica) is preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research.
- 5 to 7 years of business analysis experience in large size companies or agencies with multiple functions / business units preferred.
- Knowledgeable of enterprise analytics data management and analytic tools (ex. Terradata, Oracle, Tableau, Klipfolio, SAS, SPSS) in order to prescribe appropriate infrastructure solutions
- Experience in creating strategic plans for analytics and working through the implementation phases of the plans
- Experience in presenting analysis and insights to stakeholders/clients
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and data visualization communication skills with experience creating clear, concise and professional documents.
- KBO framework for identifying organizational objectives, goals, strategies and measures
- Identifying core elements of the strategic analytics plan
- Decision frameworks to deliver insights on digital performance, marketing effectiveness and customer behavior
- Lead client work sessions to implement the OAMM process
- Business requirement documents synthesized from multiple sources
- Web analytic studies & reports. (ongoing or business question specific)
- Website behavior and customer experience analysis
- Data requirement for analytics
- Technology requirements for OAMM assessments
Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Use sound judgment to identify issues and escalate them when appropriate.
- Contribute to improvements in processes (technical or business) used by analysts.
- Drive focused decisions within specific areas and be a key contributor to decisions beyond specific scope of role.
- Ability to identify key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps.
- Resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively, knows when to involve others.
- Learn from mistakes, takes action to apply the learnings and provides peer and team wide feedback for those in immediate area of focus.
- Identify and communicate specific personal growth goals for self.