Senior Consultant – Web Analytics Location:
Chicago or Vancouver
Department: Digital Intelligence
Overview of Opportunity
Cardinal Path is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing firm focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners.
Described as “analytics ninjas” by Forrester Research, we have experience up and down the Business Intelligence stack to include deploying and integrating leading analytics platforms, dashboards, tag management, and statistical analysis technologies. In addition to our digital intelligence services, we offer digital marketing and training services that empower confident investment in the digital space through data-driven decision-making. Our clients include brands such as Bridgestone, B&Y Mellon, Mercedes-Benz USA, Merck, Papa Johns, US Cellular, NPR, MSNBC, DeVry and hundreds of others.
We believe that process sets strategy free. That’s why we pioneered the development of the Online Analytics Maturity Model (OAMM), the first methodology designed to identify the barriers to analytics success, as well as the specific steps required to create a sustainable, world-class analytics function. The OAMM has been awarded by the industry and now includes a normative data-base of over 700 companies to ensure both comparable and specific next steps. It evaluates and benchmarks companies across six areas: governance, scope, objectives, talent, process, and technology.
With significant growth behind us and plans to continue with dramatic growth, we are looking for a Senior Consultant – Digital Intelligence to report to our Group Director.
The Senior Consultant – Digital Intelligence will be a senior contact for key clients and will be measured via client satisfaction survey and new business developed with the client.
- Proactively manage and foster client relationships by acting as a strategic advisor to the client using a keen understanding of the client’s business and marketing objectives, not only the current project.
- Conduct regular client communication, expectation setting and management, as well as providing strategic direction.
- Ensure the successful completion of the agreed upon project deliverables within scope, time and budget with quality while consistently exceeding client expectations across all of the Cardinal Path service offerings.
- Proactively identify potential issues and provide solutions to correct any scope/budget deviations.
- Act on the client satisfaction survey results for the portfolio, ensuring quality improvement plans are developed and executed.
Practice Development & Mentorship:
- Work with the Group Director responsible for the Digital Intelligence practice area to develop and grow that practice area by creating and cultivating lasting relationships with both clients and internal teams.
- Work with the members of the DI team, from junior to senior to help them improve their understanding of the DI industry, improve their client communication skills, create professional development plans and better understand how our DI offerings fit into the big picture for our clients.
- Work with others to ensure collaboration across domains, to help proactively manage issues, and create overall plans for achieving annual and long-term goals
- Work with the internal team and clients by helping the teams apply our thought leadership in ways that will deliver on our clients’ business goals in innovative ways
- Ongoing practice and process development looking for ways to improve and streamline Cardinal Path’s processes to not only deliver a superior service to our clients, but also to improve our efficiency and profitability.
Business Development & Account Strategist:
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities with existing and new clients by promoting ideas that align with client’s business, consumer and brand objectives across all domains within Cardinal Path’s offerings.
- Conduct and actively use strategic client planning to identify growth opportunities.
- Participate in client pitches and provide scope, technical and subject matter expertise.
- Assist in developing and delivering proposals and statements of work (“SOW”) ensuring scope is clearly defined and costs match what is outlined in the project plan.
- Proactively review the SOWs with clients to ensure that they understand their responsibilities to the success of the project
- Creation and completion of Multivariate and A/B testing documents and post test analysis.
- Documentation relating to existing processes and suggestions / presentations for improving those processes.
- Lead development of senior management dashboards.
- Website behavior and customer experience analysis.
- Effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders.
- Identifying core elements of the strategic analytics plan
- Decision frameworks to deliver insights on digital performance, marketing effectiveness and customer behavior
- Business requirement documents synthesized from multiple sources
- Web analytic studies & reports. (ongoing or business question specific)
- Data requirement for analytics
- Technology requirements for OAMM assessments
Thought Leadership & Knowledge Sharing:
- Blog posts (external)
- Hosting webinars (external)
- Hosting Lunch and Learns (internal)
- Speaking at conferences (external)
- Contributing to white papers and case studies (external)
- Training (both internal and external)
There is an expectation that travel will be a requirement of this position. We do not expect travel to make up more than 30% of the time commitment.
- 2+ years working in a client results service organization preferably an advertising agency or management consultancy
- 2+ years working in the field of digital analytics and digital marketing
- At least 2+ years of working with standard clickstream analysis tools: Google Analytics and at least one enterprise-level platform such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, WebTrends or IBM Digital Analytics (Coremetrics/Unica) is preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research
- 2 to 5 years of business analysis experience in large size companies or agencies with multiple functions / business units preferred.
- Expert PowerPoint and deck building skills
- Ability to quickly master new disciplines, concepts, and technologies
- Experience responding to formal RFIs & RFPs for large brand businesses
- Creativity, initiative, insight, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for digital marketing with a solid understanding of interactive marketing channels (search, online media, website development, etc.) and brand marketing principles
- Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree preferred
- Knowledgeable of enterprise analytics data management and analytic tools (ex. Terradata, Oracle, Tableau, Klipfolio, SAS, SPSS) in order to prescribe appropriate infrastructure solutions
- Experience in creating strategic plans for analytics and working through the implementation phases of the plans
- Experience in presenting analysis and insights to stakeholders/clients
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and data visualization communication skills with experience creating clear, concise and professional documents.
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line. Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.