Web Analytics Manager Location:
Vancouver Toronto Phoenix NYC Chicago
Department: Analysis & Insights
Cardinal Path is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing firm focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners.
Described as “analytics ninjas” by Forrester Research, we have experience up and down the Business Intelligence stack to include deploying and integrating leading analytics platforms, dashboards, tag management, and statistical analysis technologies. In addition to our digital intelligence services, we offer digital marketing and training services that empower confident investment in the digital space through data-driven decision-making. Our clients include brands such as Bridgestone, B&Y Mellon, Mercedes-Benz USA, Merck, Papa Johns, US Cellular, NPR, MSNBC, DeVry and hundreds of others.
We believe that process sets strategy free. That’s why we pioneered the development of the Online Analytics Maturity Model (OAMM), the first methodology designed to identify the barriers to analytics success, as well as the specific steps required to create a sustainable, world-class analytics function. The OAMM has been awarded by the industry and now includes a normative data-base of over 700 companies to ensure both comparable and specific next steps. It evaluates and benchmarks companies across six areas: governance, scope, objectives, talent, process, and technology.
With significant growth behind us and plans to continue with dramatic growth, we are looking for a Web Analytics Manager to report to our Group Director, Digital Intelligence.
The Web Analytics Manager will be a senior contact for key clients and will be measured via client satisfaction survey and new business developed with the client.
- Ensure the successful completion of the agreed upon project deliverables within statement of work (“SOW”) scope, time and budget with quality while consistently exceeding client expectations across all of the Cardinal Path service offerings.
- Proactively manage and foster client relationships by acting as a strategic advisor to the client using a keen understanding of the client’s business and marketing objectives, not only the current project.
- Conduct regular client communication, expectation setting and management, as well as providing strategic direction.
- Proactively identify potential issues and provide solutions to correct any scope/budget deviations.
- Act on the client satisfaction survey results for the portfolio, ensuring quality improvement plans are developed and executed
Practice Development & Mentorship
- Work with the lead responsible for the Digital Intelligence practice area to develop and grow that practice area by creating and cultivating lasting relationships with both clients and internal teams.
- Work with the members of the DI team, from junior to senior to help them improve their understanding of the DI industry, improve their client communication skills, create professional development plans and better understand how our DI offerings fit into the big picture for our clients.
- Work with others to ensure collaboration across domains, to help proactively manage issues, and create overall plans for achieving annual and long-term goals
- Work with the internal team and clients by helping the teams apply our thought leadership in ways that will deliver on our clients’ business goals in innovative ways
- Ongoing practice and process development looking for ways to improve and streamline Cardinal Path’s processes to not only deliver a superior service to our clients, but also to improve our efficiency and profitability.
Business Development & Account Strategist
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities with existing and new clients by promoting ideas that align with client’s business, consumer and brand objectives across all domains within Cardinal Path’s offerings.
- Conduct and actively use strategic client planning to identify growth opportunities.
- Participate in client pitches and provide scope, technical and subject matter expertise.
- Assist in developing and delivering proposals and statements of work (“SOW”) ensuring scope is clearly defined and costs match what is outlined in the project plan.
Thought Leadership & Knowledge Sharing
- Blog posts (external)
- Hosting webinars (external)
- Hosting Lunch and Learns (internal)
- Speaking at conferences (external)
- Contributing to white papers and case studies (external)
- Training (both internal and external)
- 5+ years working in the field of digital analytics and digital marketing
- 5+ years working in a client results service organization preferably an advertising agency or management consultancy
- At least 5+ years of working with standard clickstream analysis tools: Google Analytics and at least one enterprise-level platform such as Adobe Analytics is preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in advanced web analysis methodologies such as
- Deep clickstream analysis
- Experimentation and testing
- Competitive analysis
- Social analytics
- Other digital measurement technologies
- Experience in creating strategic measurement plans, technical documentation and supporting full implementation of analytics tools
- Experience creating dashboards and reporting with a variety of enterprise tools (Tableau, Klipfolio
- Experience using debuggers, completing related QA processes, and issue resolution
- Expert Excel skills
- Familiarity with enterprise analytics data management and data science tools (ex. R, SPSS, BigQuery, Oracle, Tableau)
- Experience responding to formal RFIs & RFPs for large brand businesses
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- Curiosity, creativity, initiative, insight, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in creating and presenting analysis with insights to stakeholders/clients, utilizing advanced story-telling skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques is a plus.
- Passion for digital marketing with a solid understanding of interactive marketing channels (search, online media, website development, etc.) and brand marketing principles
- Excellent verbal, written and data visualization communication skills with experience creating clear, concise and professional documents.
- Ability to quickly master new disciplines, concepts, and technologies, with the continual desire to learn.
- There is an expectation that travel will be a requirement of this position. We do not expect travel to make up more than 30% of the time commitment.
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line. Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.