Director of Business Development
With significant growth behind us and plans to continue with dramatic growth, we are looking for an accomplished Director of Business Development to report to our Chief Revenue Officer.
- Developing an outbound sales contact plan to include cold-calling and direct marketing. Interface is often with “C” level executives, and ability to gain consensus in a complex customer organization is essential.
- Understanding a prospect’s business needs and developing a tailored proposal using all relevant Cardinal Path products and services, drawing on expert internal resources as required.
- Managing lead pipeline, including preliminary screening, sales presentations, scoring candidates, negotiating contracts, maintaining sales metrics.
- Representing Cardinal Path at industry events, including round tables, speaking forums and new business events.
- Working closely with the marketing and sales teams to identify appropriate go to market messaging for specific business sectors.
- After close of sale, assisting in transitioning signed contracts to the post-sales team.
- Developing a thorough, commercial understanding of all products and services provided by Cardinal Path.
- Promoting the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally.
Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or related technology field required, with a minimum of 8 to 10 years of demonstrated sales experience and success
- Advanced consultative selling and interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective communication with a wide variety of clients and stakeholders
- Experience in digital media required; experience or familiarity with digital analytics preferred
- Experience in finance and/or pharmaceutical verticals preferred but not required
- Significant business maturity and acumen required to gain consensus in a complex customer organization
- Experience responding to formal RFIs & RFPs for large brand businesses
- Creativity, initiative, insight, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to lead and execute in an ambiguous environment
- Motivational and collaborative leadership style
- Ability to travel extensively within the North America and internationally.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of digital marketing and e-commerce