SEO is a study that changes every day. I make my living practicing it but I invest a minimum of daily time on keeping myself updated. It is a must.
There are several sources of information I like to keep an eye on but RSS feeds and Twitter make up the bulk of it, and I follow people across both.
I don’t, however, follow the same people across different channels, largely for two reasons: first to avoid information redundancy; and second because the fact someone has a great blog does not necessarily make their tweets interesting and the other way round. So I pick the people/channel most relevant to me. Maybe you, disagree but this is how it goes at “Casa Lopez”.
In the time between having breakfast with my wife and daughter and heading to the office I like to have and decent espresso while taking a look at my feeds to guess what is going on in SEO world. Around 55 to 75 new articles are popping up daily, quick scan of the tiles to end up reading the 3 to 7 of them that catch my attention.
Besides the 50 SEO feeds listed here I follow around 30 more for topics like Web Analytics, Usability, Link building, Information Architecture or any other SEO related discipline. Not counting the ones I read in Spanish. I should be writing a post on who is who in Search and Analytics space in Spain, we have really good people there.
This list has no particular order, I understand titles like “Best 10 SEO feeds ever” would attract more visits but I dislike the approach of “top X whatever”. Most of my favourite guitar players would never hit ‘100 Greatest Rock Guitarists list’ but they are not worst than the popular, just different, you know what I mean.
Some are sites with daily updates on search market and some other with more “once in a while insightful hardcore” SEO articles (my favorites).
Here you have them:
- Bill Slawski’s SEO by the Sea – rss
- Hugo Guzman – rss
- Aaron Bradley’s SEO Skeptic – rss
- BlueGlass – rss
- Michael Martinez’s SEO Theory – rss
- Google Webmaster Central – rss
- Inside Search – rss
- Jason Acidre’s Kaiserthesage – rss
- Gil Reich’s Managing Greatness – rss
- Outspoken Media – rss
- Bing Webmaster Center blog – rss
- A.J. Kohn’s Blind Five Year Old – rss
- Bruce Clay Blog – rss
- John Andrews – rss
- Official Google Blog – rss
- Jim Rudnick’s CanuckSEO – rss
- Topher Kohan – rss
- SEOmoz – rss
- David Mihm’s Mihmorandum – rss
- Blogstorm – rss
- SEOptimise – rss
- State of Search – rss
- Marc Bitanga – rss
- Aaron Wall’s SEO Book – rss
- Lee Odden’s Top Rank Blog – rss
- Dave Naylor – rss
- Distilled – rss
- Get Elastic Ecommerce Blog – rss
- High Rankings Advisor – rss
- theGypsy’s Fire Horse Trail – rss
- Wil Reynolds’ Seer Interactive – rss
- Matt Cutts – rss
- Ross Hudgens – rss
- Search Engine Watch – rss
- Search Engine Marketing News – rss
- Sebastian’s Pamphlets – rss
- The SEO Bullshit – rss
- Search Cowboys – rss
- SEO Smarty – rss
- WordStream Blog – rss
- Level 343 – rss
- Search Engine Journal – rss
- Search Engine People Blog – rss
- Branko Rihtman’s SEO Scientist – rss
- Search Engine Roundtable – rss
- Shimon Sandler – rss
- James Webb’s Blog – rss
- Graywolf, Michael Gray – rss
- Sharkseo – rss
Sure you have more interesting blogs you can point to all of us down in the comments area.